Mon, 08 June|
The Sydney Boulevard Hotel
PCM Part 1 Seminar 8th - 10th June 2020
Communication and influence skills are key enablers of success in the 21st century
Time & Location
08 June 2020, 8:30 am AEST – 10 June 2020, 4:30 pm AEST
The Sydney Boulevard Hotel, 90 William St, Sydney NSW 2011, Australia
About the Event
Are you communicating and influencing…or are you just talking?
We sometimes find ourselves in situations where it is difficult to understand where the other person is coming from, and despite our best efforts, we can’t get our point across. It’s almost like we are speaking a different language, and according to PCM, we are. We just can’t tune into the right channel to effectively get our point across.
Understanding yourself and others better is the first step to improving communication. With improved skills you can reach people you have struggled to communicate with previously.
PCM offers a number of unique personal development tools which allow you to understand your own behaviour and mindset triggers. Suddenly it becomes obvious why you respond in a particular way in certain situations. You are also able to anticipate the behaviour of others – whether at work, in a social setting or at home.
Communication can be particularly difficult when you or someone to whom you’re speaking is under pressure. With PCM you learn to understand your personal distress reactions – and where necessary modify them to achieve the outcomes you are seeking! If you are in a “not ok” reactive state, it is impossible to connect with or communicate with others.
You will also learn to recognise when others are under pressure because their behaviour will be highly predictable. You can then assist them so that effective communication can be achieved.
This model was developed in the 1970’s, has been used by NASA in the selection and training of astronauts, and today is utilised by businesses around the world.
After the seminar you will have the skills to:
- Observe and decode behaviour by being able to actually hear what others are saying
- Predict and identify the onset of disruptive behaviour Be a dynamic leader by communicating effectively
- Motivate yourself and others
- Detect and correct miscommunication before it creates a problem
- Find out why conflicts have escalated
- Respond quickly to defuse tricky situations Invite others back into positive communication and behaviour
- Included with the seminar material is your own individual personality profile and report. Your personal report will assist you in working with the PCM model well beyond this introductory seminar and will help you to strengthen your communication skills
- You will learn about PCM, its practical applications and we’ll teach you how to use it instantly